The crest was designed in 1930 by the late
Dr Yap Pheng Geck, who was then a member of the ACS staff.
The Upper part of the
crest features a creature with a lion head, eagle wings and a dragon
body with claws, symbolizing the fact that the school was founded when
Singapore was a British Colony, by the American Methodist Mission, and
during the Manchu Dynasty in China.
The lower part comprises a panel of blue
and another of gold, representing the heavens and the earth.
Superimposed on them are the letters ACS in red, signifying life
bridging earth and heaven.
It is shaped as a shield to uphold
knightly virtues such as chivalry, honour, loyalty, valour and
The school motto,
The Best Is Yet To Be, which was later introduced by the
late Mr. T.W. Hinch (Principal,1929- 1947), was incorporated into the